Just wondering.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering.....

hi. I just wanted to say that I need some help, and it would be awesome if you could give me some advise.
    So ill start off by saying that im having a little trouble with my back and body. i suffer from a rare disostophy called FSHD. It has to do with when your muscles in your body dont work the right way. I cant smile, whistle, sleep with my eyes closed completly, i have trouble getting up and out of a chair, i cant pick up things, im extreemly weak and it looks like I barely ever have any emotion.
    Everyone notices how when I laugh i dont smile, how when i cry i dont frown, how i can barely move my face. they notice how im as thin as a twig and am really weak. they notice that i have trouble with getting up or standing up. they notice how i trip over my feet when i walk.
    Then i constantly get the quenstion: why are you so thin?
    why cant you smile?
    why are you so weak?
    It really hurts my feelings and i dont know how to respond. Itried talking to my mom about it but she really doesnt understand. Any advise?
    Thanks,

I can see how that would be upsetting and difficult to deal with at school. Try to keep in mind that your peers are probably not being rude, but they are just curious and they don’t understand how you’re feeling. Maybe when they ask you could just answer with pride and simple say what causes it or not I cannot tell you how to handle this situation, but I am trying to give another view point. Did you try and talk to your guidance counselor about this matter or even your primary doctor? They can give you some support emotionally about how to cope with and handle social situations. Reach out to a close friend or even a relative that you trust and talk about your feelings. It helps to just vent to someone sometimes. I hope this has helped and if you need any more information give 2NDFLOOR a call at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X