No announcement yet.

I don't understand why I feel this way?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand why I feel this way?

So I'm 13 with really bad mood swigs and I got really good at hiding them. With the bad mood swigs I get really angry at the smallest things and Get depressed. One time I cut myself I did it on my foot because there will be no scare and I kinda liked it which really scares my because I always said I would never do that I would never let it get to me like that and now I always want to cut. I haven't cut in about a month but I really want... I don't know what to do

At 13 mood swings can be normal. Your hormones are changing and that can cause you to feel angry, sad, depressed, and happy at times. It’s when the behavior becomes harmful like you mentioned, it can lead to problems such as self harm. If you feel too overwhelmed by your moods and anger, then it is time to talk to someone, reach out to your parents, a counselor, a friend or adult you trust. A professional can work with you and teach skills to cope with your feelings so you don’t self harm in the future. Make a pact with yourself that you are going to stop hurting yourself everyday and take it day by day! I hope this has helped some.
    I have listed some helpful resources you can look at or call; Teen Self Injury (800) 366-8288 or go online @ www.selfinjury.com Also here is a link to mental health counseling information www.njmentalhealthcares.org or call them at (866) 202-4357. If you need more help call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 any time of day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X