Help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Okay, so this is beyond embarrassing. Today, I discovered a bump in the vaginal area (around the lips). I'm very scared and too embarrassed to notify my family or anyone else. What is this? It looks like a pimple, and is only painful when touched (kind of like a pimple). What can I do to get rid of this? I'm afraid it could be anything. I did some research, and nothing came up that really applied to my situation. I've never had sex, so it can't be anything related to that. I have masturbated. I'm almost 14 years old, so I don't know if that is normal. My dad doesn't know that I have masturbated. (I live with him, so that is why it is awkward and embarrassing trying to tell him. He knows I have gotten my period, and he tries to ignore the subject because it's uncomfortable for him, which is understandable. My mother passed when I was younger, and I'm an only child.. so I don't have any "women" to tell about this) What do I do? Who do I tell? What is this?

Pediatrician?

It's possible that it is a cyst, which is fairly harmless, but you should still get it checked out. There are other possibilities as well like MRSA which would require an antibiotic. The easiest way to get this looked at would be to tell your father you have a 'female issue' that you need to go to the doctor for. Hopefully he'll understand that its embarrassing and get you there without too many questions. Do you have a pediatrician that you go see for annual check ups? They often have a nurse who can answer questions for you. With ours you leave a message and they call you back. They can take a look at it for you. Another option is that hospitals often have free ob/gyn clinics you can call or go to get an appointment. You can see a nurse practitioner there, it's not necessarily a doctor issue and you don't have to have a full exam if you don't want it. Planned Parenthood centers also have the same set up and it's often free. Depending on where you live, its possible they will not need your father's permission to treat you. Finally, don't worry about the masturbation. It is normal and probably not relevant at all to this issue, and you shouldn't feel ashamed about it at all. Good luck to you!

Comment

Me again

Hi, it's me again. So I didn't speak to my dad yet, though I'm questioning if I should. If it is a cyst, then why is it like a pimple? A white head appears to be forming, so I'm assuming that this is a pimple after all. However, is it possible to get a pimple in this area? If so, then I am not going to go to the doctor. Thanks again!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X