My friend is on drugs, what do I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend is on drugs, what do I do?

I recently became very close with a guy, you know, talking every day and such. He told me he smoked weed to help with his sad feelings, but now its pills (Xanax and Percocets), lean, and hes even told me he's concidering heroin now. I don't know how to help, who to call, or anything for that matter. All I know is that I don't want to lose him. Someone please help me ASAP!!!!

I'm very sorry to hear. You're in the middle of a difficult situation with your friend. Is there a family member of his that you can talk to and let know about this? If not and you are school-aged, is there someone there that you can talk to?
    Here are some resources that you can reach out to for possible help:
    National Alcohol & Substance Abuse Info Center (800) 784-6776 www.addictioncareoptions.com
    Narcotics Anonymous (800) 992-0401 www.na.org
    You can also call or text us for some other resources in your specific area/state. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Good luck.

Comment

Update

Hi, it's me again. I do have his grandmother's phone number but I'm unsure if that'll work. I'm only 15, and me and him don't go to the same school since he lives a city or two away, so I can't talk to a teacher or a nurse or anything. He hasn't talked to me about the drugs, and I think that's because I freaked out on him a little bit when he first told me. The last time he called me (yesterday), he was high, but I'm not sure what he was on. I've also come to realize he only calls me when he's high. I'm considering talking to my therapist about this, and hopefully she'll guide me in the right direction.

Comment

If you want to give the grandmother a call, it could really help. Even if she doesn't do anything about it just yet the family may be more aware of what he is doing. Definitely talk to your therapist to see what she says about coping with a relationship like this. Remember, drug addiction is not easy for some people so take your time and be patient with this process. Good luck, and please call or text us if you ever want to talk at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Update #2

It's been exactly one week since he has told me about his wanting to do harder drugs. Today, I was able to speak with my guidance counselor and figure out what the next step is. She told me it was probably best to email his guidance counselor, so I did. In the email, I asked to remain anonymous to decrease the risk of him lashing out at me. However, I've come to realize that I would rather have an alive friend whose mad at me for a short period of time, than a dead friend. Is there anything else I can do?

Comment

I would say that for now you've done all that you can do. I'm also glad that you have realized the importance of trying to get help for your friend and risking him being bad at you over not doing anything at all and something serious happening to him. You're a really good friend and he's lucky to have you (whether he realizes it now or later).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X