Self-harm, what to do.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-harm, what to do.....

This past Sunday, the 20eth, I hit being 1 year clean from self-harm. The thing is I don't feel happy about it even though I should. I want so badly to be happy that I haven't self-harmed in a year but even if I did stop my depression just kept getting worse. Self-harm helped me express myself and since I stopped, it has been harder to function normally. Every day I keep asking myself if me stopping self-harming was really for the best. Right now I really wish I never stopped. I don't know what to do anymore and I don't know if I should keep fighting or just make myself feel a lot better and self-harm.

So I’m glad you reached out and that’s amazing that you have not self-harmed in a year! I am sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling better about it. Do you talk to anyone about your feelings? It sounds like you would really benefit from talking to a mental health professional about where your feelings of sadness are coming from so that you are able to cope with it better. Reach out to your guidance counselor they can help you and even recommend help outside of school. Please don’t hesitate to ask for help because there is something that is triggering your thoughts to want to self harm again so you need some professional help to support you through this struggle. You don’t have to do it alone! Another important coping skill is to have an outlet. Do you have an outlet? Running? Writing? Reading? Journaling? Cooking? Try to find a hobby that lifts your spirits, you’ll be surprised at what a difference something so small can make.
    Also, have you heard of the butterfly project? http://butterfly-project.tumblr.com/ it’s a good way to bring people together who have experienced self-harm. There are many other resources you can use as well http://www.selfinjury.com/ which can provide you with referrals if you are looking for another therapist or may be able to give you some treatment information. I hope this has helped and remember you are not alone, there is support for you. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR we are available 24/7 @ 888-222-2228 or text us daily between 4-8pm.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X