I hate my body

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my body

When I was born I was 2 months early; I was very tiny...4 lbs to be exact. And so I have always been skinny. When I would walk into a room people would immediately comment how skinny I was. I remember in second grade I had started at a new school and when I walked into the classroom for the first time, this girl took one look at me and said, "She's so skinny!". But that was when I was in 2nd grade. And I guess I have never been "fit" just skinny, but ever since I started middle school and I have to change with other girls, I started to really hate my body. In 7th grade it didn't bother me much, but 8th grade was so hard trying to deal with life and my body issues. I hate how big my thighs are and my stomach. People say that I'm skinny and that I look fine, but I look in the mirror and I want to bawl my eyes out. I only weigh 102lbs and my waist is 24inch, but I don't know...
    Should I just work out some more or am I really bad? I am just worried because I'm staring a new high school and all of the kids are known for being skinny and seriously good looking and I feel like I don't measure up. And of course it's because I want a guy to like me. Help!!??

So there are a few things to discuss in this post. Try to adjust your thinking from "skinny" to "healthy" when thinking about your body. Your doctor can tell you if you are overweight or unhealthy for your height and build. Skinny does not necessarily equal attractive to all people. There are all different types of people who find different things attractive in others. Some like regular build, some like skinny, some like muscular and some might prefer some extra pounds. Skinny does not mean you'll get a guy. A healthy mind, body and attitude are more likely to find you the right person than focusing on being skinny. When you start high school, be who you are. People should like you for the person you are, not because you're skinny or have a few extra pounds. There are also sometimes eating disorders that can make you see yourself differently in the mirror than you actually look. I'm not saying AT ALL that you have an eating disorder, but bringing up how you look in the mirror at 102 lbs and want to cry might be something you want to discuss with your doctor. They might be able to provide you with some information on healthy weights for your age and height. Call us or text us anytime and best wishes in high school. Be yourself and have fun!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X