counselor/therapist issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• counselor/therapist issue

Okay so I go to a counselor/ therapist and I have a issue. Normally I like her and shes really helpful with my problems. I finally told her about my cutting and I got the sense she didnt believe me. I dont know what to so about it because im more of a stand off person and its harder for me to open up. I dont want to be like LOOK SEE REAL but I want help.

I can understand how upsetting it can be when the person you are looking to for help seems to not believe what you are saying. The good thing that I am hearing in this is that you do like her and she has helped you before. Since therapy is all about honesty I would talk to her about how you feel. Tell her that you are feeling like you don't want to open up as much because you are getting the sense she doesn't believe you. Explain to her the help that you want. Sometimes counselors don't know the vibe they are giving off so it's important to address it. If you want to talk more about this or anything else give 2ndFloor a call @ 888-222-2228 we are here 24/7 or text us Fridays from 4-8PM @ 908-280-0235

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X