Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic Attack

I had my first panic attack so...

I was recently in a mental hospital. I was okay I don't understand why they kept me there for a long time. I tried to stay away from the other patients and keep to myself in order to be okay.

I was not depressed and I did not believe that I had any mental problems. I felt that I could not trust anyone, especially the people that worked there. I felt that the staff were conspiring to keep me and the other patients there longer to make money. That is what I really thought.

Today, I admit that I was probably thinking irrationally but I believe that I was in my right mind and that I was right to behave the way that I did at the hospital at that time. I think I was smart in avoiding the other patients and staff that seemed bothersome.

What do you think it means? I don't come from a close family so I received negative energy from them which led me to the attack. I left my house and ran through the neighborhood to find a hospital so I can get help and someone to talk to.

What do you think the panic attack meant, I never had one before?

Panic attacks can be a side effect or a symptom of a lot of different things. Many times they are a result of feeling very anxious about something, or sometimes they are the symptom of a larger mental health disorder. Being that this was your first one, and that you chose to go to the hospital for help, it is understandable why you would be concerned on what this would mean. However, your choice to go to a hospital for help, is a very mature response. It demonstrates that you are willing to learn about why your body had a panic attack, and how to fix it. In order to get the best answer, we would recommend speaking to a counselor or a medical professional. Counselors and medical professionals will be able to review your medical history and background to try and figure out why you had the panic attack. To find medical professionals or counselors in your area, you can feel free to call Mental Health Cares at 866-202-4357 or if you have insurance, to check with your insurance provider.

If you want to talk more about this, please feel free to call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 1-888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X