Obese with an Eating Disorder?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obese with an Eating Disorder?

I'm 197lbs and about 5'4", but I was 241lbs just a few months ago. I've been fasting, restricting, and throwing up. I feel like I can't have an eating disorder because I'm fat, but is it possible?

Height and weight don't really matter in diagnosing an eating disorder, it's more based on behaviors. And while I'm not diagnosing you with any thing at this time...the methods your using to lose weight are not healthy. Almost all experts would agree, that proper diet and exercise is the best way to lose weight. Fasting is not really a good way to eat because it's not a life long solution. Restricting and throwing up are both unhealthy ways to lose weight and can point to having an eating disorder. They are both behaviors you would want to stop immediately and if you have trouble stopping, seek professional help for. Check out the following websites for more information on the subject:
    www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
    www.something-fishy.org
    Call us anytime to discuss your situation further at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X