This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental Health

Hello, I am 22 and I have been into mental hospitals. I have been into a mental hospital twice. I believe that I am better but I have some questions.

I sometimes struggle or deal with thoughts that cause me stress or make me feel bad. These can be thoughts such as someone being negative with me, or when a situation does not go the way I want it to. I might be having a good day just thinking positivley and feeling good. Then something negative or whatever can just stop my train of thought and I would spend forever trying to get it back on track to more good thoughts that can make me feel good.

But for the most part, a typical thought that I would struggle with is one that would make me feel guilty. Guilt is something that I know can be hard and lead me to depression.

I also feel that my spirit(feelings) is vulnerable. I will admit that I am or may be an extremely sensitive person. I really dislike being around negative people. I need to find a way to keep myself feeling emotionally protected and secure.

Have any ideas?

Right now, when I feel down or negative I just think of God and focus on my faith because, as my religion,I definitely believe that God will prevail and help me to prevail over all my obstacles.

What do you think about my situation? Should I be on meds? seek counseling? or do I just seem like the many people on earth who what problems like everyone else?

-thanks!

It sounds like you are struggling with irrational and negative thoughts. Working with a therapist would benefit you in helping sort out these thought patterns. You may also want to follow up with your psychiatrist to address medication therapy, especially if you were previously on medications. If you believe in God or higher power then you may want to find a group or church that is affiliated with your beliefs. This would provide you with an outlet and support with people who share your faith. There are many people who suffer from mental health illness such as depression and anxiety. But you do not have to do this alone and should seek immediate help. If you have additional questions you are welcome to call the 2NDFLOOR Youth helpline at (888) 222-2228 and speak to a Support Counselor who will be able to give you support and some referrals for services.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X