transphobic parents who weirdly insist they aren't transphobic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transphobic parents who weirdly insist they aren't transphobic

i came out to my parents as a trans man a year ago, since i was forced out of the closet. (they read an online journal entry where i explicitly stated i was trans) and since then, they've been focusing on trying to get me to detransition.

they believe i've been groomed into thinking i'm trans (they don't explicitly say that to me, but boy is it implied HEAVILY), despite the fact that i realized i was trans completely independent of anything else. i didn't have any trans friends or even know what being trans was (apart from knowing a girl in my class in the 1st grade who's trans), i just- Realized one day.

AND EVEN BETTER they keep comparing me to 1) a "fake trans woman" according to them, who apparently is grooming children and 2) a "real trans woman", that girl in my 1st grade class who i literally havent seen since then.

it's incredibly isolating, because i hate how they don't think i know what i want. i just want to be accepted as the boy i am, is that too much to ask??

- mercury, he/him/his

Glad you reached out to talk to someone. That sounds hard to have your parents not accept you and sadly you cant control how they feel or think. Maybe time can allow them to come around, you never know what can help someone have acceptance. In the meantime, know that it is okay to be you and you don't have to define it to anyone. Allow yourself the space and freedom to be you! Have you ever talked to a counselor for support, could be helpful. Even try your school counselor. The Trevor Project is a helpful resource @ https://www.thetrevorproject.org/careers/ , you can go online, text 678678 or call if you go directly to the link you can call, chat or text right away. The organization can give you tips on how to handle coming out or thinking about it beside other support they can give. If you want to talk about this or anything please text or call anytime, 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7.

Comment

Thank you for reaching out. It must be very difficult to not be accepted by your parents for the way that you identify yourself. Support is very important. Call or text anytime to speak with someone at 888-222-2228. I am sure that you would want your parents support in this journey and hopefully with time they will be there for you, but know that have every right to live your life free of judgement.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X