I Feel Horrible

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Feel Horrible

I’m not sure why but all I ever feel is unhappy. Recently it’s gotten worse and I find myself not being able to talk to anyone or enjoy moments bc there’s always a part of me that is upset or angry. I’m not even sure why though. I turn 18 in a few days and I can’t even find myself excited or willing to make plans. I have many friends whom I love immensely but I feel super disconnected from all- they have their own lives with their own things going on. I’m not sure how to get over this (mostly bc I don’t know what this is) but I’m getting really sick and tired of always feeling this way.
    Not necessarily asking for a response, but if anyone has advice or gone through similar things, it would be nice to hear it!

Glad you reached out. Sometimes everyone can have a range of feelings and emotions that can trigger them to feel unhappy about something, it can be normal but important to reach out to a counselor if you feel that it is getting too overwhelming. Have you ever thought that something could be triggering this? Do you think it's turning 18 and becoming an adult possibly? Changes in life can be stressful and can make you feel anxious, but you can learn to cope by utilizing some coping mechanisms that could help you navigate ups and downs, maybe take a look at this link that offers some tools @ https://www.mentalhealthishealth.us/mental-health-101/. Is there anyone in your life that you can talk to about these feelings too, venting is helpful. Some tips you could try are to start a small exercise routine, get out and get some oxygen and release endorphins. You can also journal, write affirmations to change your perspective daily, start a gratitudes list, these are just a few tools. Text or call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 anytime you want to talk, we are here 24/7.

Comment

I think everyone goes this type of thing at one stage in their life or another. Life is challenging and hard work, even if you don't have something specific that is making you unhappy. You may just be feeling the stress and craziness of life. Don't get me wrong, life can be really beautiful, but sometimes when you are busy with school and you are looking towards your future, it can be scary. I have definitely felt the way you are feeling and I just try to do things that make me happy. If you have any hobbies or any close friends that you just like to sit on a couch and watch tv with, it can help. Sometimes setting aside 15 minutes a day to think about your feelings and focus on them, will let you get the unhappiness out and make room for other emotions throughout your day.

Comment

Thank you for sharing. I am glad you are trying to find out some answers. I definitely have days where I feel as though I am in a funk. I'll feel as though nothing is really enjoyable and everyone around me can be irritating. Usually in a day or two I get out of it and feel like my old self again. There was a time where this feeling lasted a little too long and I needed some professional help. Going to a therapist did the trick. I was able to discuss my feelings and explore ways in which to overcome them. Luckily, I have been feeling better since. And now I have the mental tools/ techniques in order to get through another funk if it were to happen. All that being said, it is totally normal to go through rough times and not know why. You may not be able to figure out why you feel this way and that is okay! But since your feelings have been prolonged, I would suggest getting professional help in order work through this and know how to work through bouts of feeling down in the future. You're not alone, many people go through this. It's a part of the human experience to go through waves of feelings ranging from happiness to feeling off. However, sometimes we just need some help working through these feelings.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X