This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Burden

I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I just feel like I'm just a burden to everyone around me. I want to cry all the time. My mom doesn't have time to pick me up from work, my friends don't have time to hang out, and other people in my social group can't even bother to inform me of meetings or rescheduling. I just wish I could be independent and self reliant so I didn't have to bug anyone and make them more annoyed with me.

It can be really frustrating to rely on others. It may be helpful to remind yourself that this arrangement is probably not forever. For example, eventually you may not have to rely on your mom to pick you up from work. Also, try taking control of the things that you can. If possible, rely on yourself to remind yourself of meetings and rescheduling. Try keeping a day planner to help keep everything organized. If others in your social group don't always have time to hang out, maybe it is a good opportunity to expand your social group. Try joining a club/sport at school or in your community. Lastly, it would be really helpful to talk to the people that you care about and let them know how you feel. Try telling your mom that you feel like you are burdening her. Maybe you can come up with some solutions together. Is it possible to walk to work sometimes or ride a bike? Ultimately, there may be solutions for you, but it would be helpful to talk to an adult and voice your concerns. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X