how do i recover from dpdr?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i recover from dpdr?

im 13 and both my dp (depersonalization) and dr (derealization) are basically constant now
    not really severe, but its hard and scary and inhibits my functioning
    also causes frequent headaches, anxiety & panic attacks, the works
    also again- really scary
    i dont know how to deal with this

This sounds like a really difficult experience to be having. Most likely the most effective way to deal with something like this would be through a combination of physical and mental health therapy. Talk to your parents about making a doctor's appointment to tell them what you are experiencing, especially the headaches and also ask for a referral for a mental health doctor (or if you already know of one that's fine too). Then work with them on the DPDR overall, but especially the panic attacks and anxiety. In the mean time to help with those things check out an app called Calm that is all about breathing and meditation exercises. They have some directed toward anxiety that you might find helpful. Text or call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X