Conversing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversing

HI! Something about having time for myself at night and letting off some steam brings me so much peace. I know reading your response in the morning before going to work will be gold.

- I'm a para (20 yr old, very novice and inexperienced), and I really haven't developed a relationship with the teacher I work with. She's nice and patient and all, but I expected to be able to have intellectual convos with her regarding the field, ask for her professional advice, etc. But like -- she's really hard to talk to :/ something with her "vibe" is off-putting.
    Maube because she's also really young and quite, and I'm also really quite, so it's really difficult to start up convos?
    Like we're 4 weeks in, she never asked me what college I go to, why I work her, etc like how i expected her to in developing working rapport. She just goes to chat with her teacher friends, and I feel so left out. Again, in their eyes I'm probably like a baby. But I wanted some mentorship from her, not literally, but that's what I hoped the rapport would be like working so closely,

One time, there was a sub for her. That sub was like a chatter box, but I really vibed with her! I talked to her, had conversations without an ounce of anxiety. Then when she comes up, I get tense again. I don't why...

Like tom, I want to start a convo with her, right before leaving for the day, starting by asking a question. But even that I'm so nervious for. Again, something with her energy isn't very inviting to chat. Advice?

hi there, thanks for reaching out. it's so tough encountering people who you dont "vibe" with in the field. everyone's different, and she may be someone who takes a while to become comfortable with a new person. were the expectations that you're looking for ever discussed previous to starting this role? maybe you can start there and ask her tomorrow if she would be interested in guiding you about a certain topic related to the field and take it from there. are there any other teachers in your school setting that you are comfortable with? if so, maybe you can find professionally/socially from another faculty member as well. if you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to write back, call or text 24/7 @ 888-222-2228

Comment

hi there, thanks for reaching out. it's so tough encountering people who you dont "vibe" with in the field. everyone's different, and she may be someone who takes a while to become comfortable with a new person. were the expectations that you're looking for ever discussed previous to starting this role? maybe you can start there and ask her tomorrow if she would be interested in guiding you about a certain topic related to the field and take it from there. are there any other teachers in your school setting that you are comfortable with? if so, maybe you can find professionally/socially from another faculty member as well. if you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to write back, call or text 24/7 @ 888-222-2228

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X