Was it sexual assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it sexual assault?

So two nights ago, after my final concert, I had an a cappella after party, as we always do. It was a lot of fun and wonderful. At one point, we all sang our audition songs for everyone and it was just really beautiful. J (boy with whom I have slept in the past) and I don't really get along very well. But after I sang my audition song, he said "That's why I fought for you so hard." and I went to him and thanked him and he said "Listen, I know that I give you a lot of sh*t all the time, but I do truly love you. You are my family. My sister. My brother. Wait that's like incest. I don't want to think about it." and I said "Let's just stop at family and leave it there" and then the party continued and more people sang. Later, we were all hanging out on the porch, and talking and smoking cigars and whatnot (not me - others). People started trickling back inside but I didn't really notice because I was staring out at the stars and talking to J about life, etc. Then all of a sudden, he pressed his body up against mine and tried to kiss me. I told him to stop. I told him that a girl with whom he has been recently involved is my friend. He told me that that was of no matter. That she didn't factor into anything. That I wanted him to do it. That I wanted him. That I was being childish for saying no to something as simple as a connection between two people. I kept on saying no but he didn't let me say no. I was really drunk. He was really drunk. At one point, I just kind of stopped speaking. He led me down the stairs to the porch area of the apartment in the basement (no one was home, it seemed. Or it was darkish, and that was enough for him), and took my shirt and bra off. I told him it was a bad idea. He said I was probably right, and gave me my clothes back. But I was talking about everything, not about my clothes (but my clothes, too). He told me to get on the ground and like an obedient little drunk girl in a trance, I did, and he pulled down my pants and he penetrated me and then after a little bit of time he pulled me up and stuck his penis in my mouth and finished and then he left the party.

I don't know how I should feel about it. I feel paralyzed. I feel guilty that this happened again. I feel guilty for doing something to hurt my best friend, again. But I also feel like I didn't want it to happen. That even in the moment, I was not participating. That everything was simply happening to me. I feel like he disrespected me. That he didn't listen to me. That my words meant nothing.

Everything that you are feeling is completely valid. This sounds so hurtful. From what you are describing, it sounds like this was forced upon you and that you were not willingly participating. Anytime that a sexual act occurs without consent, it is considered sexual assault. Being under the influence of alcohol does not make his behavior okay. It is still illegal. Remember that this is not your fault and you do not have to go through this alone! Reach out to an adult that you trust for help such as your parents, a family member, teacher, doctor, or guidance counselor. There are tons of resources available. First, you can certainly file a police report. There are additonal resources such as the NJ Domestic Violence hotline at 800-572-7233 or check out the website www.rainn.org. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more support. We are here 24/7!

Comment

Me, again

He and I spoke privately. He apologized at length for everything. It seems as though there truly was a miscommunication. And I hate to say this, but I am so very attracted to him that I know that a part of me wanted everything to happen, even if that part was not my brain. We spoke for an hour and a half and he actually cried the entire time. He told me that if I felt it was rape, that I should report it. He told me he would quit the group. But. Don't want to report him. I am not angry. I am not hurt. I do not want him to leave the group. I do not dear him. Everyone keeps on telling me how I "should" feel. But there is no such thing as "should" just what is and what is not. I feel odd for not feeling more. But at the same time, this is bringing up memory of past sexual assault and THAT is making me sad. I have a dissociation problem and I am finding that it is worsening with time. Please respond to this.

Comment

It seems like you are trying to sort everything out. Ultimately, reporting this incident is up to you. However, you may still find it helpful to talk to an adult that you trust. Perhaps they can help you further, or they can be an excellent resource to discuss the past sexual assault that occurred. Please reach out to someone that you trust, and call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 to talk.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X