Scared!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared!

Im going to a travel camp next week for the first time ever, and I have some kind of anxiety feeling that Im terrified to be away from my family!! I will be going a lot of places but it is only for a week. Any advice that I can have fun and not worry?!

It’s not unusual to be a little nervous about being away from home for the first time. There are a few things you can do that may help reduce your anxiety. It is great that you are getting your feelings out on the 2NDFLOOR message board. Holding our fears inside is not a healthy thing to do. You might also want to share your feelings with your family. This would give them the chance to show their support of you, and reassure you that they will be here when you return.

Another thing you can do is to gather information on the places you will visit, and fun activities that you can engage in during travel camp. This could help in shifting your thoughts from dreading being away from home, to looking forward to doing something new with your peers. Talk with your travel-mates about partnering-up in some of the fun activities you find interesting. You may find that in doing so, you’ll learn that others may be sharing your feelings of travel anxiety; and you can support each other through the experience.

Finally, we live in a high tech world now, so being away from home does not mean we lose complete contact with loved ones. Perhaps, you can set up times to talk with family, periodically. For example, your Mom/Dad could call you in the evenings so you could share your new experiences with them, and be reassured that they are okay. A week will go by so fast. After a few days, you may not have time to talk long.

I hope you find these suggestions helpful. Please contact 2NDFLOOR at 1 (888) 222-2228 if you want to discuss further. Have a safe and fun trip!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X