I cant stop overthinking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant stop overthinking

It’s so frustrating when all day everyday I’m thinking about something I said and if I should of said that when it was days or even weeks ago. I am always running scenarios in my head, and get extremely nervous even when talking to my parents. Please help. Could I have tips on how to help?

Overthinking a mistake can happen but it is important to try and take what you learned from it and move forward. Mistakes are part of growing as a person, a part of learning about the situation and yourself. Also it is over... nothing you can change about it so don’t spend more time on it. It happened and is in the past overthinking constantly will also just cause you unhappiness and make you stuck. If you are nervous to talk to parents write them a note explaining your feelings it is still communication. As far as coping with the overthinking and anxiety do some deep breathing exercises, mediate. YouTube has some helpful visual breathing exercises. You can distract yourself with comedy, music, exercise, cleaning up, whatever makes you smile. Hope it helps and if you want to chat further give 2NDFLOOR a call or text at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I'm sorry this is happening to you. What helps for me is as soon as I recognize that I'm overthinking again, I stop, take a deep breath, and distract myself. What you use to distract yourself could be something that makes you happy, whatever that may be. I know it's hard to stop, and it's not like your never going to overthink again, but overtime, this will hopefully reduce the amount you overthink.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X