POC, Racial, Ethnic Inclusivity in school district

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POC, Racial, Ethnic Inclusivity in school district

So I am a soph at college, and while my sister still goes to public school (which I used to go to), superintendent announced they are gearing their resources and expanding their services and doing more -- i forgot the word, but something like research to know how to cater to the different diversity of the students whether that's counseling center, child study team, etc. I've long struggled with this in highschool when I announced that I am not "American", I'm legit from a different side of the world meaning my parent's understanding isn't up to many American families, and there protocols just doesn't really suit my cultural difference. So when I heard the message today, I almost felt -- victorious. That YES FINALLY!

So ironically, it's also my field as a student: psychology and sociology.

Now the real question is: (it's a what do you think kind of question, I know you don't actually know):
    I don't know if there's a way for me to get involved as an alumni student to raise awareness or something along the line of advocacy. Like if I can share my researches, speak about my insights and experience from a first hand diverse student. Like "this is how Middle Eastern families operate" and that's what their family strucutres look like."

Is that a thing?

That is exciting for your sister and her school. I think if you reached out to the school and explain to them what you would like to do, they might ask for your help. Try to come up with a plan or outline of how you would like to help. If you have any more questions or would like to discuss this further, please reach out to 2ndfloor by text, phone or message board. Our number is 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X