I'm tired of reaching out for help.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tired of reaching out for help.

Hi. For the past month and a half I've been struggling with severe depression and anxiety. It's been really tough and I feel like I'm starting to break down. I'm seeing a therapist, but she can only help so much. I only have one friend. She's the only one I haven't pushed away. She's going through the same thing I am, but she's on meds and in my opinion much better off than me. I can't go one single day without her help. But the thing is, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of pushing all my problems onto her every day when I know she's got troubles of her own. She says that it's okay, because I'm going through a hard time and I really do need her, but I can't help but feel that if I were her I wouldn't want to deal with my bullcrap on a daily basis. And it's not just that - I'm starting to get tired of talking. To my therapist, to people who are trying to help - I don't want to have to bother people with my problems anymore. I don't want to have to explain things over and over again. And most of the time, people other than my friend who are trying to help just get on my nerves. I know I need to talk, I know I need to do this or I'm not going to get better, but it's all just so exhausting. I don't know what to do. I can't survive without talking to her. Do you have any advice?

It's understandable that you are feeling frustrated with always reaching out for help, but the question is, is it helping you, and by what you write it seems that it is. There's nothing wrong with depending on friends to listen to you and if she is a real friend, she won't mind that you're using her as a sounding board. Wouldn't you do the same for her if she needed your help? And maybe you could tell her that if she ever needs anything from you, you'll be there for her too. The thing you have to remember with depression and anxiety is that they are something that need your attention or they will get worse, and what you are doing with your therapist and by reaching out to others is the best thing to keep those feelings from becoming overwhelming. Keep up the great work and don't stop reaching out for that help. The people around you that care about you are always willing to help out. You can also call us anytime to vent at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X