Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted it bad :(

Hello.
    So earlier this summer, I auditioned for disney. They told me that I was selected, and I can move on and pair me up with agencies, so they decide themselves whether they'd take me or not. But they asked for 5000 dollars. I wasn't sure whether that was a scam or not, because when I checked it out, there seems to be real testimonials. And the audition people were talking about how the personally knew famous disney actors and worked for them. But again, I was devestated because that shit tons of money, and I wanted it so badly. Anyways, it makes me wonder if every actor had the money to find agents, and go through the process -- yeah yeah lucky them. I just feel old (Im 19 almost 20), and thats the end for me. Also another thing, when I was 17 summer of 2018, I also ran into an agent in los angeles who said they like my charism and style, and they gave me contact info and their business card. Now if I contact them, it's too late ... and they wont remember. And I feel so guilty

I'm really glad you reached out today. People can often struggle with regret. You are right to have been cautious when dealing with people who you do not their true intentions. 5000 seems like a lot of money to put upfront to get an agent. Did these talent groups have actual testimonials from actors they have helped? Because anyone can say they "know" someone. Also, who is to say that you could not still contact that agent who reached out to you. If not this particular person, there many others who may want to represent you.
    On an additional note, in most states, a Talent Agent must be legally licensed to represent someone. This can be helpful if determining if someone is legit in the future. You can ask for their license number and cross-check it with the state licensing board. This resource can give you more information on individual sate requirements - https://napama.org/legal
    If you would like to talk more about this feel free to reach out to us at 888-222-2228 by text or phone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X