need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

My mom's best friend invited our family to her family's lake house in two weeks and my mom is making me go. I don't want to go because my mom's best friend's husband and son both sexually abused me when I was younger (I've never told ANYONE this before because I'm afraid of what could happen- also the husband is a lawyer and I have no evidence or proof except my memory of the sexual abuse). I cannot tell my mom that is the reason I don't want to go, so I need an excuse or something to say instead.

You’re taking a very brave step here by sharing your experience, which I commend you for. It sounds extremely difficult to be in a position in which you may be afraid for your safety, but also fear speaking up. Your fear is understandable, as you might be thinking of how telling may affect your mom’s feelings or her relationship with her best friend. Please know that none of these things are more important than your emotional and physical safety. It’s also necessary to know that what happened wasn’t your fault and there is nothing you did to deserve being sexually abused. Your first-hand account of your experience is all the “proof” you need to be taken seriously. You matter and deserve to protect yourself, as well as others, from abusive and predatory behavior. We’re here 24/7 via call or text at 888-222-2228 so please feel free to reach out if you need more support with this. Thank you for contacting 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 06-28-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X