I'm not good enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not good enough

I suffer from major depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, manic depression and SAD (seasonal affective disorder). I have lots of friends and get invited to parties, but I'm not that popular. I've never been good at making friends and I'm not outgoing, funny, pretty, skinny or talented even though my friends always tell me otherwise. I was recently at a party, which is why I'm writing this. I felt so insecure and anxious the whole time, and I wish I could have just had fun. What guy could ever like a girl who cuts her own skin, comes into school crying, prefers to be alone most of the time, and is mentally messed up? I'm so depressed and frustrated with myself because I'm not the kind of girl guys would ever like and I can't do anything right these days. Please help me

I’m sorry to hear that you feel so down about yourself. Depression is such a tough challenge to go through. Feeling depressed and having anxiety can often include some of your feelings that you describe like, sadness, withdrawal, pain, and overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, so it is really important to get professional help. NJ Mental Health Cares can offer help at 866-202-4357 or visit their website @ www.njmentalhealthcares.org. Even reach out to your school counselor or social worker and they can get you help as well.
    You mentioned that you felt awkward at parties that school friends invited you too and that is normal feelings because it is a hard at your age to try and figure yourself out with the pressures of fitting in at school too. You are not alone in any of those feelings, so don’t be so hard on yourself about that. Try to talk about it to a friend that you trust.
    I also have added a resource for cutting, cutting is a behavior that temporarily relieves your frustration, but does not solve the problems that are causing you to cut, so check out the website www.selfinjury.com, it has a lot of great information to start off your recovery process. Call 2NDFLOOR anytime to discuss cutting or other issues at 888-222-2228. We are here 24-7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X