What are some ways to help me to better cope with my anxiety and depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some ways to help me to better cope with my anxiety and depression

okay so basically I've always been a self-harmer ever since I was very little in grammer school. Recently I been receiving a lot of therapy and help which is good. I'm a junior in high school and I want to learn of better ways to cope with my anxiety and bi-polar depression mood swings before I start to look for colleges. I also am a cutter and I know that it's bad and it takes a lot of time and strength to quit it's hard but I'm not as suicidal as I used to be so in a sense I do feel like as though I had made a few good accomplishments.

It’s great you reached out to us. You do not want to keep your cutting a secret because secrets are what make it harder to correct harmful behavior. It is also important to tell someone so you have support in your life when you feel the urge to cut. Try to journal your feelings and find out what are you afraid will happen if you don’t cut. Speak to your counselor at school about these feelings and she should be able to refer you to a psychiatrist to get medication for depression if that’s what she feels you need. Here is the number to NJ Mental Health Cares (866) 202- 4357. You can call and they can direct you to mental health professionals as well.
    Here are other resources online to check out as well, such as www.selfinjury.com or www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org, please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help! We are here 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X