Upset with my actions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset with my actions

I'm a teenage guy. I recently masturbated to some random perverted old dude on a video chat website. I know I'm not gay and I only like girls. What I did is making me feel horrible now. I'm an academically successful person and involved in sports. Now anytime something good happens in my life, I can't stop thinking about this disgusting thing I did. No matter what I do I feel like a bad person and like nothing can change that. I know to never go on that website again or do anything like that. I'm just afraid that what I did will haunt me for the rest of my life. I feel like I won't forget it and as If I submitted myself to a pedophile. Is it really THAT abnormal what I did? As long as I don't do it again do u think my life will go back to normal?

In life you are going to make mistakes. We have guilt when we make mistakes to make sure we don't repeat those same mistakes. Sometimes guilt becomes overpowering and impacts us in other ways. This is what it sounds like you have going on right now. You are sorry for what you did, you sound like you understand not to do it again, and it seems like a good time to forgive yourself and move on with your life. Understand that you are a good person that behaved in a way you now regret, it does not mean you are a bad person. Forgive yourself and move on with your life. There is no need to allow this behavior to drag you down anymore than it already seems to have do. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

This is the same person who made the thread. I feel so horrible for what I did still. I just wish I could go back and fix it. Should I tell my parents what I did?

Comment

Again, it is okay to make mistakes. Try to look at your mistakes as a learning curve so the next time you can make a choice that you will feel better about. As far as telling your parents, well that is a very personal choice. I cannot say yes or no, you have to think what is best for you. Maybe make a pros and cons list about telling them too, sometimes that can help make a decision. Hope that helped and 2NDFLOOR anytime you need to talk at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Another question

I'm the same person who made the thread. Do you think I will be scarred for life by what I did? And do you think I will still be able to have a normal life with a wife and kids when I get older?

Comment

The only way you will be impacted for life by this event is if you decide to not forgive yourself and move forward with your life. It will have no impact on your ability to have a wife or children, unless you allow it to. If you believe this action was a mistake, you are clearly sorry for what you've done and now it seems like you are letting guilt take over. Forgive yourself and move on with your life.

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X