RubberBand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RubberBand

Is snapping a rubber band on your wrist considered self-harm? I do it to prevent myself from cutting because it doesn't leave (much of any) marks. Whenever i try to talk to my mom about my feelings, she yells at me and doesn't get me help simply because we can't afford it (thanks obamacare -_-). I also feel that I'll be dead within the next 10 years weather suicide or my serial-killer-traited brother. Probably suicide. Things in my life can get way worse and if that happened...

Actually using a rubber band instead of cutting is an alternative instead of cutting, you can also try ice as well. It is great that you recognize that self-harm is never the right way to cope with a problem. It is really dangerous, physically and emotionally. However, it would be really helpful to reach out to an adult that you trust for help. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your parents initially, you may want to talk to another family member, a teacher, school nurse, guidance counselor, or doctor.
    There are tons of resources online to start too, such as www.selfinjury.com. Please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 for help if you are feeling suicidal anytime or call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7 for you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X