I feel caught and misreble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel caught and misreble

I had to miss half of my internship because I was newly diagnosed with bipolar and I am a senior and had a bunch of credits left to graduate. My adviser recommended that I do a part time semester, as I am spending some of this semester, in after care treatment, and I would have needed to have been applying for jobs and taking way to many classes this semester. I am currently taking two classes only and since I am only in two, I have to commute to school. I am beyond unhappy. First, I hate commuting too school. I feel like its depressing and I never have anything to do. Second, most of my friends graduated, so I only have like one who still lives at school and thats also depressing. I just feel miserable. How do I make more friends and feel less unhappy?

I'd like to commend you for making the decision to pursue treatment instead of taking more classes, as that's something you can feel proud of! Making time for treatment and recovery can seem inconvenient, but investing in your mental health and well-being is invaluable. It sounds like you've been feeling bored and lonely now that you're commuting to school. However, you still have many potential opportunities to build new social connections. Joining clubs and participating in school activities is a great way to meet new people and make friends. It may be a bit of a hassle to commute during the week outside of your classes, but it sounds like it might be worth it for you. Additionally, spending some time volunteering or working part-time could help to keep you active while connecting with people (it would also look great on a resume). Don't be a stranger to your friends either. Just because they aren't immediately reaching out, doesn't mean they aren't interested in catching up or spending time with you. If you need any further support, we're available via call or text at 888-222-2228. Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X