I just want to be a normal kid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to be a normal kid

hey! this is my first time on here and i don't really know what i'm doing, but my dad was a sex offender who had sex with a 12 year old multiple times who became my babysitter to get closer to my dad. iv'e never really talked about it so i don't want to get too into it, but iv'e seen a lot of stuff i want to forget. i haven't gotten sleep in weeks because iv'e been having nightmares where i re-live memories (for example, last night i dreamt about when my dad got beaten with a metal pipe in front of me). and now i'm stuck with a baby, an abusive step dad, a bipolar mom, everyone in the town looking down on me and stupid triggers everywhere i go. i'm only 14 and i just want normal kid problems, please help.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this message as it definitely took courage considering you said you've never really talked about these things before. It sounds like you have some current issues and past traumas that may need to be addressed, especially if you feel you are struggling. If you feel comfortable, please consider sharing these issues with your guidance counselor at school, you can call or text us here at 2NDFLOOR 888-222-2228, or tell another trusted adult. You may benefit from therapy if you wish to talk to a counselor outside of school as well. You mentioned an abusive step dad and your mom having bipolar disorder, and being stuck with a baby; do you live with them? Are you safe in your home? Please consider reaching out to someone for help because your safety is important to us. If there is anything going on at home where you feel endangered or neglected you may want to think about calling the Department of Child Protection and Permanency at (877) 652-2873, or you can call us here at 2NDFLOOR and we can call them together.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X