My friend and her boyfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend and her boyfriend

My friend has been dating this guy for about 4 or 5 months. My friend says their sexually active. I got to know her boyfriend pretty. He treats her horrible. Talks down to her. I think she is getting physically abused by him. I tried talking to her. But she is just to much in love with him and can't see the reality. What do I do? I'm really worried about her.

It sounds like you are a great friend to have in her life. Remember it is always important to be honest with your friends. Communicate openly with your friend regarding your feelings. However, you should prepare yourself for every response, she may not like what you have to say, but at least you can say that you tried. Besides that just remember to be there for her and listen to what she has to say. Here are some resources you can look up or pass along, this is the NJ Domestic Violence number at (800) 572-7233 in case of emergencies. Breaking the Cycle website @ www.breakthecycle.org or Love is Respect @ www.loveisrespect.org (866-331-9474) are very informative websites about dating and warning signs for abuse, (866) 331-9474. I hope this has helped, but if you need to talk more call 2NDFLOOR at 1-888-222-2228 we are available 24-7.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 03-19-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X