Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do?

Hey 2nd Floor,

Okay so this isn't my first time posting and you guys are really helpful. So for a while now, my grandma and I (I live with her) have been fighting. We used to get along so well but now she's become a heavy drinker and she's not as loving nor supportive as she used to be. She used to be kind and happy and full of life, but now she is just bitter and angry and frustrated all of the time. My Mom (who lives like 40 miles away with my older brother and younger brother) suggested that I move in with her, but we're not gonna have a lot of room over there. My mom and younger brother fight a lot because he is extremely vulgar and cruel (like my dad, and my parents are divorced). He decided he wants to live with my dad and not speak to my mom. So anyway, I'm having a tough time deciding whether to go or not. I love the schooling here, and I'm in a program where I can sing at school but we also go to places like Hershey Park to sing and do competition. I'm a straight A student with only one B in Science. It's a pretty decent school. The only issue is, is that I have this group of friends that turn on me a lot. They will love me for a few weeks, then hate me for a few weeks. Love me, hate me, and so on. Because of that, we always fight. Lately they have ditched me at lunch, so I have resulted to sneaking off to the bathroom during lunch/study hall (each are about 20 minutes and the periods are right next to each other). It's just better so I don't have to be embarrassed about where to sit. That being said, I don't have a lot of friends here.

So what do I do? The school I would be going to would be far more complicated… different schedules, teachers, etc. It is SO confusing and I'm gonna be so lost. Also, ever since 2nd grade (I'm in 7th now), I have never stayed at a school for a few years. I move to a new school nearly every freaking year! It's insane!

So yeah. No friends, but I like the school. Fighting with my grandma, but I miss my mom. We are getting help as a family but it never works out. They don't understand me at all (I self harmed and was/still am suicidal and depressed. I also have anxiety so yeah they get tired of me and my anxiety attacks).

Please help. I'm losing hope.

Maybe it would help if you wrote out a pros and cons list of reasons to move and reasons to stay. Sometimes seeing stuff on paper makes it clearer what our decision should be. Something to consider is that this year is almost over and sometimes it is difficult to switch schools mid-year. If anything you may want to consider staying with your grandmother until the end of the year...unless the situation is completely unbearable to you or you are in some type of danger. Sounds like you are a hard worker so no matter what decision you make, continue to progress and better yourself as a person. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X