Feeling down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling down

I feel very depressed and have felt this way for months. I went to a therapist but it didn't work out. I've struggled with self harm and had suicidal thoughts for a while. I feel so broken and empty inside. No matter what anyone says or does I feel the same . I think of the positive things around me but everything collapses so quickly. I can't concentrate in class and I feel worthless. Sometimes my mind takes over and I'm really overwhelmed. I talk to my counselor weekly and she helps tremendously. I feel really overwhelmed and feel like a puzzle piece that can't seem to fit anywhere. I constantly get bullied and it's a war zone at home with my parents fighting every night. I always give advice to others but can't seem to apply it to myself. Will I ever feel joy again? I feel helpless.. It just would be nice to have that feeling of acceptance because I feel unwanted.

Depression is such a tough challenge to go through. Feeling depressed can often include sadness, withdrawal, pain, and overwhelming feelings of hopelessness. If you are having suicidal thoughts, it is so important to reach out to someone you trust, like your parents, a family member, teacher, guidance counselor, school nurse, friend, or doctor.

The best thing to do is to get professional help, there are resources and help out there. You mentioned therapy did not work for you, but therapy does take time to establish trust. Try to remember that therapy is a two way street, the therapist can only help if you are being open with them about your feelings. If you didn’t click with the therapist try another one.

You can always go to your local hospital for a crisis evaluation to get immediate help as well. You may even find it helpful to just talk and vent your feelings to someone. Remember, you are not alone! Please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 for help or call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7 for you!

Comment

Thank you for the advice ..it feels so lonely all the time even when I have so many people around me..it feels like I'm by myself

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X