Im am so depressed:(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im am so depressed:(

Hi. So, I am 15 and this year my life has officially went downhill. My family is always fighting, My mom cant go without screaming. She is always very nice to my brother he's 19 even though he is very mean to her. But, whenever I say something little no trying to fight she blows it up and she is very scary and gets very very angry. She is always nice and does a lot for me, but it seems like she just loves fighting. I was supposed to go to figure skating and we were running late, and she was sitting down on her phone and she said she was going to help me with my hair( It was a practice hairstyle for our dance) So I waited about 10 mins and I asked her if she could help me because we were running late. W-O-W. Wish I didn't ask her that... She started screaming telling me how disrespectful I am and how much she does for me and started screaming. Then I decided I did not want to go.( Even though all my friends were their, and it was a Friday night and im homeschooled and have no other friends) I really wanted to go but was to tired from screaming.So i decided well Im not going to go. Lots of fighting goes on every single day, my family is a wreck. Why cant we have one peaceful day. WHY? Every day its either my mom&dad or my dad and brother or my mom and I. I just cant take it anymore. I have no other family member to go to...I have no friends....I wanted to go to skating tonight so bad. Its the only social event I have. Also, My mom just walked out and said shes leaving to go somewhere...What do I do? I don't have any one to talk to. BTW, my mom will stay mad at me for the rest of the night (that's what she does) If I say sorry(for whatever I did) She scream and say go to your room. Not to mention my house is very small. I wish I could redo everything. Now I have to wait till nxt Friday night
    Does every family fight like this? I want to just have one decent friend I could hangout with. But no It will NEVER happen.

I am really sorry to hear how chaotic it is at home. You are not alone- sadly many families do fight like that. It seems like your mom is depressed or unhappy herself and is taking out her feelings on you. Have you tried talking to your dad about what has been going on? ...or even going to your brother? You did mention that "she is always nice and does a lot for me" so I am wondering if it seems like fighting may be going on alot because at times when she gets angry its like extra angry and explosive and also you are at home more often than many kids since you are homeschooled. So that could be why it also seems like so much fighting is going on. Unfortunately you are not going to change your mom, but maybe together with your dad and brother you can help her and try and figure out what the major problem is. Have you ever been honest and open with your family and told them how much the fighting bothers you? A good way to get a lot of your feelings out is to write them down. So if it is hard for you to talk about this maybe you can write your mom a letter.It can be as easy as how you wrote to us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline.You also mentioned that you have no friends to go to for support....but weren't you supposed to go figure skating and meet all of your friends there? I understand that you are homeschooled and it is hard to meet friends but getting involved in activites is a great way to meet more people! If you ever want to talk please call us at 1-888-222-2228. We are here 24/7.

Comment

I wish it would all stop

Hi so this is like a week later from when I wrote the "Im so depressed thing" it has only gotten worse, every Saturday my parents say were gonna go out to eat for breakfast and then I get all dressed and ready and they start fighting screaming and I just cant take it. I want to leave and never come back to this house. Then after my mom stoped and stuff then my dad and mom make up and earlier today I just came in from playing outside and my mom screamed at me that I had to clunk my shoes off. I am not making this up but their was nothing on my shoes because I just went on the trampoline and walked back to my back door. Then she started taking ALL of her anger out on me. She tolled me I have to go up in my room and stay their. And here I am now. The stress is unbelievable and everyday its getting worse and worse till a point where I cant take it. I always try to respect my parents but I guess it just doesn't work. I have nobodys house to go over. Please tell me what on earth I should do. I want to try to ignore my mom for the rest of the night, because I honestly would not like to speak to her. Welp that was my Saturday.I just wish I could go on a vacation away from here.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that this continues to be a problem in your life. But please know you are not alone! Many young people at your age have struggles and communication problems with their parents. At this point I would encourage you to either call the 2ndFloor Help Line at 888-222-2228 or to go see a counselor at your school so you can express your feelings verbally get some solid feedback. Our help line is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Please call today. Things can get better!

Comment

My parents also fight every single night. It is hard but just know that you're not alone. It will get better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X