Sexual assault

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual assault

I haven't been here for a long time so I have a question. Me and my younger sister were sexually assaulted by my cousin when we were little and my mom blames herself for it even though I don't. My question is if I were to press charges is it too late? Would I need evidence that he did? I'm 17 now I don't remember what age it happen but I was probably in preschool or 1st grade

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. It is really brave of you to open up about these incidents. I can only imagine how strong you and your sister are. I'm sure your mom wishes she were able to have stopped the abuse before either on of you were hurt. If you haven't already you may consider going to individual or family therapy (you, your sister, and your mom). Everyone processes trauma differently. As far as reporting the sexual assault it usually depends on the state that it happened in. Some states have a statute of limitation while others do not. I'm not sure what evidence you would need so I'm going to provide you with resources that may give you some more concrete information. https://www.rainn.org/ Is the national sexual assault hotline. If you go to that website you can chat with a counselor or you can call 800-656-4673. If you want to talk more about this or anything else you can call/text 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X