Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

how can I become more comfortable talking to a new therapist? I started with a new one and I like here but I'm not comfortable yet. I've been feeling really suicidal lately don't now how to tell her.(not going to act on it)

Becoming comfortable with a new therapist can take time. Try thinking about why you may not be feeling comfortable yet. Are you nervous about the way she will react when telling her what's going on? Could it be that it's only been a few sessions and it takes time to develop the therapeutic relationship? If you are feeling suicidal this is something you should discuss with her right away whether or not you are going to act on it. This could be the moment that helps you to feel more comfortable with her. However, if you still do not feel comfortable speaking to her about this and are having thoughts of suicide contact 911 immediately or contact the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. If you want to talk more you can contact 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X