Sadness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadness

I really want to be happy but I just can't and I don't know why I feel this way but I just have all my life and some days are better than others and sometimes it lasts for long periods then I'm fine but lately I've been so depressed every night. I have suicidal thought and I know I won't actually have the guts to ever do that, but I just don't want to be here anymore. I don't know how to deal with the pain and I try to be happy and let it all go but my problems always build up and come back. I just don't know how to handle any of this on my own and i don't want to put any of this on my friends because I know they care and that would be selfish to put all my
    burdens on them. How I can I stop the pain

I am glad that you reached out to us but if you are feeling suicidal, I must first tell you to reach out for help immediately. Go to your local ER and they can do a crisis assessment and get you help right away. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 and someone can help you immediately.

I truly am sorry to hear that you've been feeling so depressed. Reaching out for help is the first step to getting more support, so I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to share on our website. Does anyone else know about the depression and sadness you've been having? Like your parents/guardians or any other trusted adult? A school counselor can also help you explore how you've been feeling, as well as connect you with some further mental health resources if necessary. Outside of sharing your emotions with adults you trust, there are some other activities that you can engage in to improve your mood. Exercising is a great way to relieve stress and take care of your body. It also releases lots of "feel good" chemicals in your brain, like endorphins, which can help combat depression and anxiety. Spending time with other people and making social connections can improve your mood as well. Whether you are making an effort to hang out with friends or join school-related clubs/activities, being more engaged with others can help you get outside of your own head. I hope this helps you and if you need to talk further please contact 2NDFLOOR by calling or texting at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Hi I'm trying to register but I can't. Can you help me? I have questions and struggles in my life...

Comment

What are you trying to register for? Of course we are always here to talk and help you through difficult times in your life. If you want to talk you can call/text 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X