Voices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voices

My best friend tells me that she hears voices in her head telling her things like that if she "doesn't do ______ then something bad will happen to ______" or that "the devil told me that _____ will go to hell if I don't do _____"
    She told me that she knows the voices aren't real and that they are not rational but she can't help but believe them. She says it's been going on for years and when she tried talking to her parents about it they don't listen. The other day she said that she thinks what goes on in her head has to do with the devil and demons but praying helps her get through. I'm not really religious and I don't believe in that kind of stuff but I don't want to tell her that the problem is that she is not mentally healthy. I'm no psychiatrist but I think she has obsessive-compulsive disorder because of the "voices" she hears and also because most things she does are done in threes (her favorite number is three, she says 'amen' three times every night after she prays, etc.) I'm really worried about her and I told her she should try talking to her parents again or try the counselor at school but she says she doesn't want to.

I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor. Your friend definitely needs some support as soon as possible. If she is refusing to speak to the counselor at school, I would highly recommend that you do it. This way the counselor can speak to her an contact her parents. If her parents hear it from a professional, then hopefully they will get her some therapy. Please don't be concerned that your friend will be angry with you because you are doing something that will help her. She might not see it at first but in time she will. You might want to let her know that if she doesn't reach out to the counselor that you will, this way you are being honest with her. Please reach out to 2ndfloor anytime by message board, text or phone. Also, give your friend our information too. We are here 24/7. Good luck and please don't hesitate to reach out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X