Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 cutters, one friend...what do I do to help?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 cutters, one friend...what do I do to help?!

So this isn't about me however I recently found out that 3 of my best friends cut themselves. It's not like they do it together. There are 2 guys, one who is openly gay and my best girl friend. She was clean for 3months but told me that she recently started again. This was actually around the time we found out about my friend cutting himself. I don't think this was a coincidence. It must have triggered something. Now, my friend who is homosexual has posted something on a site that I don't know the name of about him only having 62 days left. He wants to finish somethings at school before doing I don't know what. And this terrifies me. He doesn't know that the other two friends told me about this post. They are all talking to each other however I absolutely believe that this is not helping anyone at all. I don't know what to do and I cannot keep quiet anymore. This is why I chose to do it here anonymously. I just know that they need help. At least the one friend who is threatening to potentially take his life. His personality is attention seeking however this is no joke. I don't want to seem like I want to be the hero. I just want to ensure his and all of their safety. Even if this means that they hate me for speaking up about a serious problem. The other boy is seeing a doctor and said that they will ask their doctor what to do as well. Please respond, thank you

You have every right to be concerned about your friends. The behaviors you are describing are difficult to deal with on any level. No one wants to see people they care about hurting themselves. While it isn't popular advice, the best thing to do in these events is to get help from others and take the pressure off yourself. The stress of one person in your life harming themself is a lot, the stress of three must be overwhelming. It would probably be best to take this pressure off yourself and onto people that can actually help...parents, counselors, teachers. This is especially true of your friend that you are concerned about killing himself. Don't take these threats lightly, let a trusted adult know so they can get him the help he needs. It takes a brave person to help someone at the expense of that person possibly being mad at them, however, hopefully someday they will understand why you chose to act in their best interest. Call us anytime to discuss your options further at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X