Parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents

So my grandma just passed away and things have been chaos in my house ever since. I lost my mind the other day and was crying and screaming and just wanting her to come back my mom would not pay attention to me..im tired of her always pushing me away when i need help or telling me to go to my room..my dad does the same and they threaten to put me away in a mental hospital. Im not crazy i just want someone to notice me and how im feeling but absolutely nobody pays attention to me.I have a supportive boyfriend and bestfriend but sometimes its family that you really want to notice you.My dad isnt speaking to me and recently told me he is disgusted with me that he gives up on me that im a failure because ive been homeschooled these past few months..i told him how im going back to my highschool but he doesnt believe me ..he says im going no where in life..i try so hard to please literally everyone like why am i not good enough.. I applied at at least 10 places for a job considering im going to be 17 this month and will have my license..usually my father hates my mother and says he is only still with her for me but now he has been treating her so nice just to anger me...i do everything for my dad ..he is beyond unappreciative and constantly degrades me like ive said so many times that ive wanted to kill myself and they're like oh let me let you fulfill your wishes. Id never want to kill myself ..life may be stressful but i say those things for attention which my parents lack giving me.I have way too much to look forward to in life once im over 18.Im tired of always having to worry about everything it wears me down.Im an only child and now my mom has gone back to her drinking habits which my dad supplies..my grandma would turn over in her grave if she saw the way they have been acting in their immature ways..me and my dad will just never see eye to eye everyday he insults me..and my mom never listens to me..they never harm me in anyway but im just tired of the verbal abuse i get ..ruins the self esteem i am trying to build back up. Any advice? Please feel free to write if you can help in anyway. Thank You

It sounds like you are having a hard time. Losing someone can be very hard, especially when it is a family member. Grief can affect people in very different ways. Some may want to be surrounded by people or feel like crying all the time. Others may want to isolate themselves and not be around anyone. Was your grandma your Mom or your Dad’s Mother? They may be experiencing their own grief from your grandma’s death. This could also be why your mother keeps sending you to your room. It also sounds like you have a complicated relationship with your Dad. Have you ever thought about doing some form of family counseling to address some of the concerns you have? Please call 2ndfloor at 888-222-2228 and a counselor can help you further address these concerns. 2ndFloor is available 24/7 so you can call whenever you feel comfortable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X