Depression...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression...

My depression is getting worse. REALLY worse. I want to get help, i really do, but how? I don't want my mom to find out because that would make HER depressed too. Is there a way i can get the help i NEED without my mom finding out? Seriously, I relapsed with cutting, I'm crying all the time, there is an empty loneliness inside of me, and more than once I have thought of swallowing a bottle of pills, hanging myself, or jumping off of a bridge. I am in dire need of help. Before you say anything, no, i do not have a trusted friend, the guidance counselor is obligated to tell my mom so i cant go there, and I cant call any helplines because A: my mom will hear me talking, and B: my phone's speakers are broken so everything sounds like it is under water. I keep telling myself that i just have to give it time and let it pass but it isnt working.

There are some ways that you can get help without involving a parent, I can tell you they are probably not going to be nearly as effective and helpful as getting mental health treatment with the help of a parent, but these are some things you can try. Check you local library or bookstore for self-help books on dealing with depression, find a website that you can "chat" on or join an online group to address your issues, for example, www.selfinjury.com. Guidance Counselors are not obligated to report depression to a parent, they are obligated to report abuse, if you are in danger or harming yourself or if you are going to harm others. Still, find other adults you can talk to about what you are experiencing...a friend's parent, a church elder, an older family member like a cousin or young aunt/uncle. If you are considering hurting yourself, call 911 or (800) 273-TALK for help. Your best bet to get better would likely need to include telling your mom. If you try these ideas and you don't find yourself getting better, that might be your option to get well. Give you mom some credit to be able to handle what you're going through. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

it will get better

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My depression is getting worse. REALLY worse. I want to get help, i really do, but how? I don't want my mom to find out because that would make HER depressed too. Is there a way i can get the help i NEED without my mom finding out? Seriously, I relapsed with cutting, I'm crying all the time, there is an empty loneliness inside of me, and more than once I have thought of swallowing a bottle of pills, hanging myself, or jumping off of a bridge. I am in dire need of help. Before you say anything, no, i do not have a trusted friend, the guidance counselor is obligated to tell my mom so i cant go there, and I cant call any helplines because A: my mom will hear me talking, and B: my phone's speakers are broken so everything sounds like it is under water. I keep telling myself that i just have to give it time and let it pass but it isnt working.
      I've been where you are now. Honestly, if i knew what cutting was, i would have probably done it. but, now that its 4 yrs passed and i've met some of the most amazing people, i feel so much better. i know you dont want your mom to hurt, but you really need to tell her. keeping things bottled up isnt good. by doing that, deppression gets worse, nd you could deelop anxiety ttacks or panic disorder. i may not know you, but i dont want to see this stuff happen to you. tell someone and get some help, and i will lways be here to talk <3

Comment

Let me just start by saying I'm proud of you. It takes a lot of courage to step forward and discuss something like this, so thank you for visiting 2ndFloor! I have been in your position before; I was depressed, and it felt like it was never-ending. I had no one to tell, and I didn't want to hurt the people I cared about. But trust me- IT GETS BETTER. You have options. I suggest you do tell your mother. If not your mom, how about another relative, family friend, or even a neighbor you trust? You may not be able to trust your friends with this, and that is okay. But do not let this bottle up inside of you; I have made this mistake before. To add, bottling this up will make you want to cut again, and then you will bottle that up, cut again...etc. It is a very vicious cycle, I speak from unfortunate experience. Basically, what I am trying to say here is, don't be afraid to speak out! You can get help, and it will not be easy! But the outcome is what you make of it, and a healthy and happy future is in your hands when you take the first step. Your first step should be trusting someone with this information, and seeking help. Also, if you are feeling suicidal, please call one of the many hotlines that this website provides-- 2ndFloor is very helpful. I will keep you in my thoughts, and I wish you the best of luck!! x

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X