Am i depressed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i depressed?

I havent been myself. I have been distancing myself from my family and i normally hang out with them all the time but i just dont feel like trying to be happy with them. Im usually happy and people only know me like that and now i am just not. I dont know why. I dont mean to be. Everytime i start to feel sad i feel like im being selfish because i have such a good life and i should be happy. I have always been happy. i dont get why i am not anymore. I randomly get sad and overthink everything. And im really sensitive. If someone says something mean i get really offended and i normally would just say whatever and move on. I never really talk to anyone about my feelings and i know i should but i feel like none of my friends care. They only care about my other friend who is going through a rough time and everytime i try to talk about my feelings, even a little bit, i can tell they think im over reacting. I hate it. Im not! They think im spoiled and that my life is perfect but its not.... So this kind of got off topic a little bit but its been annoying me for so long. I just feel like i am depressed but im just a teenager so i dont know.

You sound very overwhelmed. Feelings of depression are really tough emotions. Feeling depressed can often include sadness, withdrawal, and even feeling hopeless. Remember though, having feelings like this can be normal as long as they are not consuming your entire life! Can you pull yourself out of your moods at times? Can you have feelings of happiness? Take things one step at a time.

I don’t know how old you are, but you mentioned you are a teenager. Maybe your body is changing and your hormones are as well. Why don’t you make a doctor’s appt. and get a physical to make sure everything is functioning okay. If you truly feel like you can’t get out of bed in the morning, then you need to talk to a counselor. Maybe take advantage of your guidance counselor it might help with some of anxiety. I have listed a number and a website for you to check out, so that you can find help as well @ www.njgroups.org & the number is (800) 367-6274. You can always call 2NDFLOOR, anytime of day @ 888-222-2228.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 12-02-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Have there been any changes in your life? Maybe an event that has happened at home, with a friend, or academically at school? If you are sad, you should preach it to them. People do care. <3 Always here to talk if you need me(: I care!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X