somethings not right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somethings not right

Hi I've wrote to yous before about my abusive relationship and your advice actually helped. But anyway I feel like I can't be happy what so ever I laugh aand smile but deep down Im not truly happy. I'm constantly upset or angry and sad I'm not sure if that makes me depressed though I've tried killing myself before but that was over a year ago I just don't know what's wrong with me and I really need help

Thank you for returning and posting again on the message board. It’s good to learn that you got some helpful advice.

It takes courage and strength to ask for help--good for you! You seem to have a great deal of self-awareness and self-perception. These are all very positive qualities that not everybody has.

Being upset and angry and sad are all normal feelings many people face, and when feelings like those become constant as you described, your ability to deal with them on a daily basis is admirable. You don’t have to deal with this alone and we hope you understand that you are not alone. There are people willing and able to help you. You mentioned a previous suicide attempt. Please, if you haven’t already, find a licensed counselor or psychologist that you can build a rapport with and meet with them on a recurring basis. Having someone who will work with you in this journey can be enormously helpful.

Laughing and smiling are great when they are expressed genuinely. When someone feels like they have to express themselves differently then how they actually feel, that can add to those unpleasant feelings. What things do you like to do which genuinely bring out positive feelings? Spending times with friends, walking around your neighborhood, visiting with family, etc.? What have you done in the past that was positive for you, and can you do any of those activities today?

Some activities will actually contribute to feeling better. What steps can you take to ensure you’re eating healthy foods, consistently getting 8 or however many hours of sleep you need, and exercising three or more times per week?

We hope you’ll take some time to pursue activities you enjoy and often consider the positive aspects of yourself and your environment. If happiness seems unattainable, maybe contentment, satisfaction, and being upbeat are some achievable alternatives.

A licensed mental health professional could help you identify symptoms and a diagnosis which could be treated, and if depression is part of the diagnosis, a licensed professional can help you live successfully and reduce the symptoms. Regular visits to your family doctor can also ensure that your body is supporting your mind well, too.

Of course if you ever seriously consider hurting yourself, please let a family member or friend know, or call our help line at 1-888-222-2228. You’re an intelligent, expressive, and unique person who deserves compassion and help in a time of crisis.

Please let us know how you’re doing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X