Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to have PTSD?

Ok Hello!!
    I'm just 16 but I think I might have some form of ptsd but I'm not sure if it's something to bring up to a doctor or whatever

So because my mom is a super conservative, controlling, and judgemental person, I have been through many situations that I can't get out of my head that just won't leave my brain
    I have had nightmares of her figuring out my sexuality and stupid things like her just looking over my shoulder

I avoid places where events like these have happened
    For example, we went river rafting for a vacation and they had a pride flag there so I made a small tweet about it bc I thought it was cool that they had one
    She somehow found my twitter and screamed at me for two hours?? Now whenever anyone mentions the 4th of July (when we went)or that place I start to shudder and sometimes cry

She constantly wants to see what's on my phone and is always picking on my clothing/touching my hair so I always flinch when people are near me

Sometimes when random strangers are having fights similar to what I would have with her, I start to shake :/

Recently I went to a film festival and one of the films called "red" was about a trans girl being found by her mother in her desired clothing

I thought I would be fine but because of the context of the film, but when the mom started screaming and pushing her daughter, I just couldn't watch and I started shaking and feeling nauceous. It felt too real
    My friends had to help me calm down for 20 minutes

I'm not sure what this is or if it's just anxiety
    Or if I really have some form of ptsd
    Is this something to bring up to a doctor?
    Thank you.

I am sorry you are going through this. I would recommend getting some counseling. It sounds like your mom can use it too. Do you think she would agree to counseling for you? Are you able to talk to her about how you feel or do you have another relative or trusted adult you could speak to? I cannot say if it is PTSD but I would highly recommend speaking to someone about it. Maybe a school counselor? If you would like to speak to your medical doctor, maybe he/she could recommend someone too. Also, if you don't think your mom will be receptive to counseling maybe having your medical doctor involved might help. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate ot reach out to 2ndfloor by message board, text or phone. We are here 24/7 @ 888-222-2228. Good L<uck!

Comment

Ok thank you

Thank you for the advice! I'll make sure to bring it up to my doctor when I can

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X