Motivational block

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivational block

So most servers/hosts/guest service reps just go to work and don't study or prep outside of work. I have a bad memory and I forget what my bosses tell me, and my major is in hospitality so I want to move up and excel in my career. I study all the time in high school/college and I have a near perfect gpa. I practiced all the time for my sport and as a result, I was one of the best on my team.
    I studied and took notes for my first summer job and as a result I was successful but that's after my bosses told me they were unhappy with my performance. I CANNOT motivate myself to prep or review notes for any of my jobs which is weird bc I want to move up and be successful, and I've been so motivated in every other way. Why is this? Why do I lack this drive? When I'm at work I always do my best but anytime I try to learn for work after work it's nearly impossible idk why or if I have a mental block???

It's not really possible for us to say what's causing your lack of motivation at this time, but here are some things to think about that might give you some insight into yourself and what's going on.
    1. Is it possible that your current job is taking up a lot of your time, so when you have time away from it, the last thing you want to do is something related to is?
    2. Maybe your job is not really enjoyable to you so doing extra things around it is not something you want to be doing?
    3. Maybe you have more going on in your life now than you did at those other times so you just don't have the time to devote the extra attention to your job like you have for past activities?
    Also, something to try would be to set aside a certain amount of time each day dedicated solely to prepping and reviewing your notes. Put the phone away, go someplace quiet and alone and set a timer. This way you know it will only be for a certain length of time and might not seem as challenging. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X