Too Sensitive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Sensitive?

Most of the time I feel pretty confident and happy. But whenever anyone makes a negative remark as to my personality I feel as if I overreact. I'll stay calm during the day, but when I get home I cry extensively and analyze why the person dislikes me. I see the value in constructive criticism, I don't bother trying to be popular, and I know that the opinions of people I know as a teenager won't make a huge difference in my overall life. But I can't stop thinking that all of my friends secretly hate me (a lot of people my age pretend to be friends with each other). Then I start feeling guilty about how little of done for the world in exchange for all that my parents and community have given me. I get frustrated with myself for being so sensitive and not taking criticism in stride like most others appear to. Anyway, I'm sorry for making a simple question so loquacious. I was just wondering what tips you have for handling peoples comments more healthily/productively. Thanks!

It can be difficult to not take things that are said about us personally but everyone has an opinion and are often all to willing to express them. The important thing to remember is that an opinion is just that...an opinion. It's not a fact and it's one person's thoughts of you, it doesn't mean everyone in your life feels the same way. Maybe try to have a few people in your life that you know really care for you and ask them if someone says something about you if they feel that's a true statement. That way if you are doing something that people are perceiving as negative, they can tell you about it and you can have an opportunity to address it. As far as your contribution to the world, give yourself some time. Not a lot of teens/early 20's have made a contribution, but you also haven't had that long of an opportunity to. Your time will come and when it does you'll have your opportunity to contribute. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X