Getting help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting help

During this past summer i began self harming (cutting) and with the support of my friend i stopped before it got really bad. I do still feel the need to cut when im really upset but i dont quite understand why because i only cut for a month, not even. To cope i draw the cuts instead of actually cutting and it helps a little but i know im not really getting any better. Just recently ive been contemplating telling my guidance counselor about this but im afraid of what will happen next and i know she is obligated to tell my mother and im so ashamed i couldnt tell her myself and i feel like she will be disappointed and feel she did something wrong. And i feel absolutely terrible i lied everytime ive been asked if i self harmed. Im really scared that speaking up about this will make this worse that i wont be trusted anymore even though i have stopped cutting i feel i'll regret it. I know its the right thing to do but i dont want things to change too much and i know they will.

It sounds like you are going through a tough time right now. Struggling with depression and self-injury can be hard especially if you don’t have the right support. I know you said your friend is helping and that is so great, but at this point professional counseling is something that would be useful for you! Please don’t feel ashamed or scared to tell a trusted adult or your parents about what is going on. You can actually go to your guidance counselor too at school and he/she can help you as well, they can even bring your parents in to talk to as well.. You can also call Teen Self Injury at 800-366-8288, someone will listen. In addition, Here are a few links that may help you cope with you cutting and give you some support, http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/cutti...tml?ref=search
    http://butterfly-project.tumblr.com/ and If you want to talk more you can call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X