Self harm.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self harm.

After starting school ive become very sad and depressed. I've started to self harm. I know it's not the best way to solve any issues but it's the only thing I can think of. My best friend does it but im just not ready to talk to her about it. When I started it really didnt hurt and I don't want this to become a huge issue because if my family found out i can't even imagine what would happen. I don't want it to be a cry for help. In no way am I looking for attention. I can't give a specific reason why I do it.

It is great that you recognize that self-harm is never the right way to cope with a problem. It is really dangerous, physically and emotionally. Starting school is tough and can make us feel sadness. It is okay that you cannot think of a reason why you self-harm. However, it would be really helpful to reach out to an adult that you trust for help. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your parents initially, you may want to talk to another family member, a teacher, school nurse, guidance counselor, or doctor. They can help you locate resources to stop. You may even want to encourage your friend to join you in talking to an adult, or encourage her to do so on her own. There are tons of resources online to start, such as www.selfinjury.com. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help! We are here 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X