I'm terrified of looking at myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm terrified of looking at myself

Hello, I've had this problem since I can remember. I've always been scared of looking at myself. I avoid mirrors, pictures, anything that would allow me to see my own reflection. I can't go on like this, but I'm not really sure where to start "solving" the problem. Because, there are times where I have to do something where I see myself, like take a picture of myself for my mom or something along those lines. But I just can't bring myself to do that. Do you have any advice for me?

The first thing to think about is why. Do you know why you won't look at yourself or what you're scared you might see? Once you figure out the why you can begin to work on actually fixing the problem. For example, if you're afraid you won't like the way you look when you see yourself, you can start making a list of the things about you that you do like, and try to focus on those things, rather than the things you don't like. If you're having a hard time figuring out the why, you might benefit from seeing a mental health professional that can walk you through the process and see if you can fix your issue that way. Best wishes and call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Yes that's right

I simply wanted to thank you so much again. I am not sure the things that I might have gone through without the type of hints revealed by you regarding that situation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X