How do i get help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i get help?

I have been depressed since 4 years ago and i never told anyone besides a couple people but i need actual help from a counselor or a psychiatrist or something but i've been so good at hiding it for so long i don't know how to tell anybody and i'm scared. I've self harmed before, i'm 96 days clean but i'm having so many urges and i wanna get help before i do it again, but i'm just so scared to tell an adult. I want to tell my counselor at school but its just so hard. i'm just so sick of being sad and feeling so empty all of the time. I just want help, i just don't know how to say it...

I'm sorry to hear that you have been suffering alone. Please don't let yourself any longer. You deserve help. I know it might seem hard to reach out but it is even harder to feel sad and empty. I think starting with your school counselor is a good first step. When you sit down with them explain how difficult this is for you to do and how scared you are. Letting your feelings be known first may help you to open up. The longer you go building this up the worse it could possibly get. I am really glad to hear that you have not self harmed in 96 days. I also see that you do still have urges. Here are some websites that you should check out that may be helpful:
    www.reachout.com
    www.self-injury.net
    www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org
    www.selfharm.net
    Since you took a big step already and reached out to us through a message maybe it would be a good next step to give us a call to talk more about this. You and one of our phone counselors can practice ways to verbally talk about it with your school counselor. Maybe that will make it easier to then talk about it in person. If you do not feel comfortable calling that's ok. If you still want to discuss this further you can always text us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. Our number is 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X