Anxiety and depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxiety and depression

Well im 15 and Im a freshman and i have anxiety and depression? I go to a therapist about it but i don't talk about it, i tend to clamp up talking about it, but i really do need help. Ive had these disorders for about 3 years, a 12 year old with these problems? Yeah its bad, but anyway i dont know how to talk to people about this bc its been getting really bad lately, ive been having about 3-4 panic attacks a day and I never know how to deal with them. My boyfriend tries to help and gets discouraged when he cant help, which kills me. But i cant talk to him ab it bc hes the only one who cares and i dont want to stress him out.... and im pretty sure my anxiety getting worse is causing my depression to get worse and my mom is even starting to notice it drastically, but of course i tell her its fine...help?

Having a therapist and not telling them about the things that are bothering you totally defeats the purpose of having a therapist. Is there a reason you're not comfortable telling your therapist what's going on with you? If so maybe a different therapist would be an idea, or maybe try telling the therapist you have things you're not telling them and express your concerns why. A good therapist would help you talk about the problems your having. Talk with your therapist about some breathing or meditation techniques you could use when you have your panic attacks. As far as talking to your boyfriend about it, if he's willing to listen and be supportive, maybe you could give him a shot and see how it goes. Maybe it will be a great thing and if it's not, you can always go back to not telling him things, but at least you can say you tried it. Hope this helps and you can call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X