Feeling like I can't go on anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling like I can't go on anymore

So my 5 year old little brother was admitted into a hospital for anger issues. We didn't get home afterwards until 1 AM. I didn't go to sleep, I cried the entire time. Yes, I did attempt to use coping skills, but it was basically useless.

It was no help that I was already feeling like fecal matter because the previous morning my mother had given me a panic attack when she had woken me up screaming. I started crying because I got scared. She told me to shut up and that she was going to "get rid of" my 7 week old kitten Kodi, who she knows I love dearly. I ended up breaking down. She said, "Oh, might as well throw him away since you don't want to be here anyways, right?" (My father is currently trying to get full custody of me) I grabbed all my things and waited outside in the rain for over an hour.

I go to an Intensive Outpatient (IOP) program, and the anxiety was getting to me so much, I had another mental break down in front of everyone there. I went home that day and was locked out of the house in the cold for over 30 minutes, then my sister let me inside and I received no apology whatsoever from my mother.

Now it is 1 in the morning and I have not slept yet, I haven't eaten in at least a day because of a strong lack of motivation and I threw up less than an hour ago. I need help.

What you're going through is extremely difficult and I understand why you are upset. Have you tried discussing how you are feeling with your dad, since he wants custody? Its defiantly not okay for your mom to behave like that with you and is considered abusive. Have you thought about Possibly calling DCP&P - Department of Child Protective Services http://www.state.nj.us/dcf/about/divisions/dcpp/ #1-877-NJ ABUSE (652-2873) to report neglect this would then start a case with your family.

However, if they find that your mom is not qualified to take care of you anymore they potentially could remove you from your mom's home so that's something that you want to be aware of. Are there any other family members that you could go and stay with for awhile, dad? Aunt? Grandparent? Is there someone that can talk to your mom about her behavior that you trust? You can go to guidance and they can get you additional help or even bring your mom in to talk. If you have more questions or want to learn more about your options don't hesitate to contact 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X